Ten Emerging Artists to Watch 2018
Call for Art:
Boston Accent Lit’s Ten Emerging Artists to Watch
Editor's Note: The deadline has been extended until midnight on February 5!
Boston Accent Lit seeks submissions from artists aged 30 and under, or previously unpublished artists of any age, from throughout the United States for Ten Emerging Artists to Watch 2018. Visual artists working in all media are welcome to submit their recent work for consideration. This competition will be juried by Boston Accent Lit's Art Editor Michael Rose. Submissions are due by January 31, 2018.
About the Juror:
Michael Rose joined Boston Accent Lit as its founding Art Editor in 2016. Michael is an art historian, gallerist, and advisor based in Southern New England. He has served as Gallery Manager at the Providence Art Club, one of the nation's oldest arts organizations, since 2014. Michael earned his BA in Art History from Providence College and his Certificate in Appraisal Studies in Fine and Decorative Arts from New York University. He has completed additional coursework at the Rhode Island School of Design and was a member of the Fall 2017 cohort of Practice//Practice, AS220's national professional development program for arts administrators. You can learn more about Michael at his website michaelrosefineart.com.
- Artists must be based in the United States.
- Submitters must either be previously unpublished or, if previously published, be no more than 30-years-old as of January 31, 2018.
- Each artist may submit up to six works for consideration.
- Artists may also include a short statement and a biography or CV.
- All work must be original and the product of the applicant.
- The juror reserves the right to personally invite individual artists or those previously published in Boston Accent Lit to apply for this competition.
Ten Emerging Artists to Watch 2018 will be published in Boston Accent Lit's February 2018 Anniversary Issue. This Issue marks two years since the founding of the publication. Ten Emerging Artists to Watch will be accompanied by an essay by Michael Rose and will feature works by selected artists along with their information.
How to Submit:
To submit, please send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org under the heading “Ten to Watch” with your last name in the subject line. All submissions will be considered. Submissions are due by January 31, 2018.